What is Cyber FastTrack?
Cyber FastTrack is a free online cybersecurity program for college students and recent graduates.
Designed by global technology experts and backed by state governors from across the country, Cyber FastTrack is a unique program that is designed for college students who want a rapid pathway to join the cyber workforce.
Students from all backgrounds and interests are encouraged to enroll and give it their best shot. You will learn online which means it is possible to take part in Cyber FastTrack alongside your college classes.
The best-performing students can share their rankings with prospective employers or colleges and apply for a scholarship to study a Certificate in Applied Cybersecurity (ACS) at the SANS Technology Institute.
Registration for the next intake opens in Spring 2020 but you can register your interest now. More information on the program structure is coming very soon – make sure you don’t miss our announcements!
"I have spent years trying to find my niche in the technology world and I feel more confident than ever that I am on the right path. The training I received while competing for the Cyber FastTrack scholarship was life changing. These new skills have opened the door to opportunities that would have been out of reach if not for Cyber FastTrack."
Preston Fitzgerald, NC A&T University
- Over 10,000 students registered to take part in Cyber FastTrack in just five weeks.
- Students from 924 colleges across 27 states participated in the program.
- 91.4% of students agreed that their skills had improved since playing some of the Cyber FastTrack challenges.
- 100 people were awarded scholarships to the certificate program in Applied Cybersecurity (ACS) at the SANS Technology Institute.
Top performing students could earn*:
- A scholarship to the Certificate in Applied Cybersecurity (ACS) for further study with the SANS Technology Institute.
- Additional courses at the SANS Technology Institute like Security Essentials and Hacker Exploits, plus electives such as Digital Forensics, Intrusion Detection, and Cyber Defence in Depth.
- Real-life cybersecurity experience to boost your resume.
* To be eligible for the full scholarship at the end of the program, students must have completed (or will complete by the end of the semester) a minimum of 48 college credits.
To take part in Cyber FastTrack you must:
- Have access to a computer and the Internet.
- Be 18 or older on March 4, 2020.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Have been registered as a student at a regionally-accredited community college, 4-year university, or graduate school in the past 24 months.
If you meet the criteria above, sign up for our mailing list. We’ll alert you when registration for the program opens.
Got more questions? Check out our FAQ section below.